Xen Maintainer, Committer and Developer Meeting/November 2012 Minutes

From Xen
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Ian Campbell
  • George Coker
  • Daniel De Graaf
  • Boris Ostrovsky
  • Olaf Hering
  • Sherry Hurwitz
  • Lars Kurth
  • James Bulpin
  • Jan Beulich
  • Jason Douglas
  • Donald Dugger
  • Jun Nakajima
  • Daniel Kiper

Review ACTION items

  • Lars to write up purpose/mechanics of monthly call (done, see discussion below)
  • Konrad to summarize PV ops discussion from KS on xen-devel:
    • DanielK: Konrad promised this, will do ASAP. He's very busy right now (Carry over)
  • George to blog about uservoice.com (DONE, [ http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2012/10/15/xen-org-on-uservoice-com/ here] )
  • Andres to follow up re: wait queues on xen-devel (DONE)

Call mechanics

  • Organisations contributing a certain amount are given two seats after majority vote
    • Should extend to individuals if they contribute that amount?
  • If an organisation doesn't show up 6 times in a row without reason, remove them
    • No objections on the call
    • Suggestions from Don and James for less than 6 months
    • No objections to 3 months
    • ACTION Ian will drop organisations from the invite/agenda etc as appropriate

Transition to git

  • still intended
  • waiting for someone to have some free time to make switch
  • request to have git clone over http as well as git (will do)
  • planning to retain hg mirror until next stable branch created

Community update

  • archived XCI
  • Lars approached by Anil Madhavapeddy about incubating Mirage
  • At UDS, Linaro Connect, LinuxCon
    • reception of Xen talks/booths picking up, seeing an effect
  • Would like to do XenSummit in spring (April/May) in US/Asia, looking for a sponsor
  • Have XenSummit in Europe with collocated LinuxCon in fall