TCT Meeting/May 2014 Minutes

From Xen
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
  • Kelly Zytaruk
  • Kelly AMD
  • Sherry Hurwitz
  • Jun Nakajima
  • James Bulpin
  • Daniel de Graaf
  • Boris Ostrovsky
  • Aravind Gopalakrishnan
  • Ian Campbell
  • Olaf Herring
  • Jan Beulich

Call membership

Review ACTION items

  • Boris' patches for perf have not been acked by VMX maintainers for 3 weeks now. (DONE)
  • Konrad to investigate qemu agent. (DEFER)
  • Konrad to investigate KVP spec WRT compatibility etc. (DEFER)

Current technical challenges.

  • Jan: Before 4.4 we wanted to turn off sharing of EPT and VTd page tables. But performance impact due to VTd not having super pages prevented this. Intel were going to work on this, what is the status.
 ACTION: Jun to get status on that.
  • Jun: Nested virtualisation, seeing regressions due to patches. Should we upstream functionality testing?
    • Ian: Yes please, to osstest framework, patches on xen-devel to both Ians.

Coordination on current and future work

  • Xen 4.5 Release manager update (Konrad)
    • Posted a tentative list of 4.5 work items, no complaints, will post on xen-devel.
    • Plans to follow the same freeze policies as George did.
    • Goal is to release by early December, so freeze right after developer summit, end of August.
    • Would be useful to have a list of things to do which aren't being done, in order that people can balance resources etc,
  • Briefly discussed the form of the call and decided to keep it as is.

Community news, activities.