From the OpenNebula documentation:
"OpenNebula offers a simple but feature-rich and flexible solution to build and manage enterprise clouds and virtualized data centers. OpenNebula is designed to be simple. Simple to install, update and operate by the admins, and simple to use by end users. Being focused on simplicity, we integrate with existing technologies whenever possible. You’ll see that OpenNebula works with MySQL, Ceph, LVM, GlusterFS, Open vSwitch, Ceph, LDAP... This allows us to deliver a light, flexible and robust cloud manager."
CONFIGURING XEN PROJECT
The configuration of the hypervisor for use with OpenNebula is unremarkable. OpenNebula requires only a normal working configuration of the Xen Project software. A few items of note:
- According to the release 4.8 documentation, OpenNebula uses the deprecated "xm" toolset.
- According to the documentation, it is suggested to use SCSI devices on HVM to avoid the limits of the number of IDE drives support.
- QUICKSTART: Install OpenNebula and Xen on CentOS 6 (this uses Xen4CentOS)
- HOWTO Build OpenNebula and Xen Project into a Hybrid Cloud
- HOWTO Build an OpenNebula Cloud on Xen using openSUSE 12.1