Xen Maintainer, Committer and Developer Meeting/December 2012 Minutes

From Xen
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes

Attendees

  • Ian Campbell
  • Matt Wilson
  • Daniel De Graaf
  • Boris Ostrovsky
  • Olaf Herring
  • Sherry Hurwitz
  • Lars Kurth
  • Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
  • Donald Dugger
  • Jun Nakajima
  • Jan Beulich

Apologies:

  • James Bulpin

Review of ACTION items

  • Konrad has posted to xen-devel RE PV ops discussion at kernel summit
  • Konrad is also looking at improvements to the blk protocol
    • Still a Work in progress.
    • Goal is 1,000,000 IOPS to a block device.
    • Will investigate generic ring improvements made in netchannel2.
    • ACTION: Konrad to take the discussion to xen-devel.

Coordination of current and future work

Patch Review

  • Jan noted that it is hard to get review / ack on generic IOMMU code or the Intel/AMD specific portions.
    • Intel situation has improved since this item was added to the agenda.
    • Intel offered to maintain the generic code as did Jan.
      • ACTION Intel/Jan to send a patch against MAINTAINERS for generic IOMMU parts
    • AMD are in the process of nominating a new maintainer after personnel changes.
      • ACTION AMD to nominate a new maintainer for the AMD code.
  • Jan also noted that this wasn't specific to the IOMMU code and that in general it is hard to get acks against code which has no maintainer, he raised the PVSCSI interface header as a specific example.
    • If people care about the code then we should try and find a maintainer.
    • Otherwise can solicit explicit NACKs before checking in after a week or so in rather than waiting for an ACK
    • Also an option to remove code which is unmaintained and getting in the way.

Community News

Hardware vendors membership of the security pre-disclosure list

  • Sherry asked about what the criteria for membership was and if AMD should be a member
  • The criteria/guidelines are listed on

http://www.xen.org/projects/security_vulnerability_process.html

  • There is a discussion ongoing (on the lists) about relaxing the criteria to make them more inclusive.
  • Strictly speaking hardware vendors are not eligible to be on the list, however where a bug is thought to be hardware related the security team would involve the appropriate vendor during the early stages of producing the fix and drafting the advisory text.

Call dial in details changing

  • ACTION: Ian to send out new dial in details to everyone (DONE)