Archived/Xen ARM (PV)
Xen ARM PV Project
Xen-ARMPV is called originally Secure Xen on ARM which consists of Xen on ARM VMM and the associated access control.
|This project has been inactive since 2012 and been superceded by the newer Xen on ARM (with virtualization extensions) project or short Xen on ARM project. The code created by the Xen on ARM project has been merged into the Xen Hypervisor mainline and is maintained as part of the Xen Hypervisor (unlike the Xen ARM PV project, which forked Xen and Linux). First support for ARM has been available in Xen since Xen 4.3 (July 2013). We have also seen the first demos showing Android running on Xen 4.3 using the newer and very active Xen on ARM port. Also see Category:Android and Category:Embedded. The code for the old Xen ARM (PV) port is and will be available from this page, but it is likely that almost all development effort for ARM will happen on Xen on ARM in the Xen mainline (and not in the Xen ARM PV fork).|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, questions, and patches. For patches, please prefix the email subject with "[patch]". Use http://lists.xensource.com/xen-arm to subscribe and to access the archives.
Secure Xen on ARM supports the ARMv7 architecture family, specific platform we test/run on is:
- nVidia Tegra250 Development Board
Note : This release does not support all architectures prior to ARM v7. Previous versions of Xen-ARM can be found on the Xen-ARM archives section.
- Note that Xen ARM is currently rebased onto xen-unstable such that it can be upstreamed. The work is currently performed on Jaemin Ryu's personal branch
Please follow Xen ARM PV Repo and Jaemin Ryu's personal branch.
- Secure Xen on ARM User's Guide: Secure_Xen_on_ARM_User_Guide_v1_1.pdf
We are using the main Xen bugzilla bugtracking system: all ARM bugs. Please create an account so that bugs may be assigned to you. ;-)
Android Goldfish (QEMU 0.82 based Android emulator):
- Patching the QEMU: qemu-xen_arm-081120.tar.bz2
- Some source codes of emulator are modified in order to make the emulator load two mini-os images into RAM before executing Secure Xen on ARM.
- More details on how to run Secure Xen on ARM on modified Goldfish emulator are found in the section A.2 of user guide.
Para-virtualized uC/OS-II RTOS:
Older versions of Xen ARM
- Secure Xen on ARM User's Guide (for 2008 release)
- XenSummit Asia 2011: presentations see http://xen.org/xensummit/xensummit_fall_2011.html
- XenSummit 2011 North America: presentations see http://xen.org/xensummit/xensummit_summer_2011.html
- Xen ARM update from Xen Summit 2010 North America: http://www.slideshare.net/xen_com_mgr/xen-arm and video: http://vimeo.com/12438378 .
- Update of Secure Xen on ARM (Xen Summit 2008 North America)
- Secure Architecure and Implementation of Xen on the ARM 9 for mobile devices (Xen Summit April 2007)
- Secure Xen on ARM (Xen Summit November 2007)
- Sang-bum SUH email@example.com