TCT Meeting/August 2013 Minutes

From Xen
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Boris Ostrovsky
  • Daniel De Graf
  • Don Dugger
  • George Dunlap
  • Jan Beulich
  • Jason Douglas
  • Jun Nakajima
  • Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
  • Lars Kurth
  • Olaf Hering
  • Sherry Hurwitz
  • Simon Rowe (standing in for James Bulpin)
  • Ian Campbell

Review ACTIONS


  • Pictogram voting comment 15px.png Action Intel & AMD: Nested HVM - is it progressing Mark as closed, as active development is continuing on xen-devel

  • Pictogram voting comment 15px.png Action Konrad: to approach Coverity about free service and ask about security Konrad set this up and has created modules and components. Access is controlled and Konrad is the only person with access at the moment. Konrad will investigate further to see what would need to be done to make this consumable by the dev community, without exposing security risks.

  • Pictogram voting comment 15px.png Action George: Kick of Xen 4.4 planning discussion on xen-devel , see thread

  • Pictogram voting comment 15px.png Action All: provide feedback on Xen 4.4 plans, raise hands if this is an issue

  • Pictogram voting comment 15px.png Action Lars: send press report to list

Call membership (new organisations to invite, +/- representatives from existing organisations, etc).

Agenda:

  • Konrad: raised questions about 2 attendees per member rule* Lars: I have been approached by Calxeda on joining. In Xen 4.3 they contributed about 1% which technicaly does not qualify
  • Lars: wider related question - should we allow AB members to attend?

Konrad: suggested that we should relax the 2 people per vendor rule - in fact the best approach would be to open up the call for all

Jun/Don: had no objections as the call is working well

Sherry: raised the question as to whether this would raise logistical questions

Jun?: stated that in reality, it is unlikely that we get 100's of community members wanting to be on the call

Lars took the following actions:


  • Pictogram voting comment 15px.png Action Lars: Investigate whether there would be logistical problems

  • Pictogram voting comment 15px.png Action Lars: Make a number of proposals to the list for voting, including 1) relax 2 people per, 2) relax membership requirements,... 3) open up the call completely

This would also address AB and Calxeda membership

Coordination on current & future work

Accelerating PVH patch series for Xen 4.4

George: chatted to Konrad and Boris on IRC what we could do to get the PVH series resolved quickly. PVH patches were under review and outstanding for 8 months. The number of outstanding issues are reducing, but may put PVH at risk for Xen 4.4. What is the best way to move forward?

Konrad: George offered to help address some of the outstanding issue (fine with Oracle).

Konrad: An alternative would be to check in the patch series as-is & George to fix issues post acceptance

Jan, George: not a fan of this approach

George: Could address the issues in the stage 1 patch series (the 23 patches under review). May need a little help from Mukesh

Jan: stated that he was ready to commit #1 to #7 of the patch series, but was not expecting to commit in one go. Also, the current structure of the patch series is not desirable, but could still accept the series.

George: was planning to refactor the series and address the issues that Jan and Tim raised

Proposal: the proposal we came to in the call is for George to work with Mukesh, for Jan to commit up to the point of outstanding review comments and for George to work with Mukesh on the remaining issues to speed up inclusion of PVH into Xen mainline

George: OK with this approach

Community news, activities

  • Lars: Xen Dev Summit CfP reminder - Aug 30th
  • Lars: Xen User Summit - see announcement

AOB

None