Difference between revisions of "TCT Meeting/July 2013 Minutes"

From Xen
(Review ACTIONS: Improve format visualization)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{sidebar
 
{{sidebar
| name        = TCT Meeting/June 2013 Minutes
+
| name        = TCT Meeting/July 2013 Minutes
 
| outertitle  = Navigation
 
| outertitle  = Navigation
  

Latest revision as of 20:11, 30 April 2014

Attendees

  • Andres Lagar-Cavilla
  • Boris Ostrovsky
  • Daniel De Graf
  • Don Dugger
  • George Dunlap
  • James Bulpin
  • Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
  • Lars Kurth
  • Matt Wilson
  • Sherry Hurwitz
  • Ian Campbell

Review ACTIONS

  • Nested HVM:
    • Don:
   thread didn't happen but work is on going.
    • Sherry:
  AMD is actively testing
  Christoph Egger has helped out a bit
  ACTION: Carried over, was started in May, but not much activity due to vacations
  • Konrad: to approach Coverity about free service and ask about security
  Lars offered to sync up with Coverity at CLS ... no Coverty rep attended

Ongoing work

Boris: How do we handle incomplete features in Xen?

George: depends on size and risk of feature. We can mark it as experimental. Note that we don't have a separate staging tree, so we tend to not compile incomplete features by default. Example boot options (not enabled by default).

Konrad: asked whether we had a general rule/guidance about this

George: We tend to #ifdef incomplete code out. For example PVH code can be checked in with #ifdef's to reduce the need for catch-ups. There is also the option to host personal public branches on a xenbits git tree

Coordination on current & future work

Xen 4.4 Planning

Goals

  • Shorter release cycle (from 9 to 6 months) - see George's 1st 4.4 Development Update on xen-devel. Advantages: shorter RCs, less impact if changes are missed

Proposal:

  • Plan for Jan 21st release of 4.4
  • Feature freeze mid-October


Pictogram voting comment 15px.png Action All: provide feedback, raise hands if this is an issue

George has an internal backlog. Big items:


Pictogram voting comment 15px.png Action George: Kick of 4.4 planning discussion on xen-devel

Community news, activities

Lars: explained that the Xen 4.3 press release gave us the best coverage since Lars took over


Pictogram voting comment 15px.png Action Lars: send press report to list - attached

Lars: reminded everyone of Xen User Summit and Xen Developer Summit CfPs

Question: will sessions be recorded?

Lars: Yes, we will record screens and voice (aka voiced over presentations) and post on xenproject.org (as well as vimeo and slideshare)

AOB

None