Difference between revisions of "Safety Certification Challenges"
Revision as of 11:58, 6 April 2018
This page captures the efforts to certify Xen on ARM for ISO 26262 ASIL B. Discussions happen during the regular Xen on ARM Community Calls organized on xen-devel by Stefano Stabellini and Julien Grall. See  for Minutes.
We have identified the following requirements, all of them need an owner:
- Code style requirements, a subset of MISRA
- Next step: find public documents that describe the code style requirements and publish them to xen-devel.
- Create a subset of functions that need to go through certification
- Next step: create a small Kconfig for Xen as a reference, using Renesas Rcar as starting point.
- Start a discussion on which features we need to have. For instance real time schedulers might be required in some configurations but not all.
- Understand how to address dom0:
- We need a plan for a non-Linux dom0. It looks like FreeRTOS could be a good option.
- Next step: Find out more information about FreeRTOS on Xen. Reach out to people that worked on it (Dornerworks? Galois?).
- Create artifacts, such as docs, fault analysis, prove fault tolerance, safety management docs, document development processes.
- Next step: find a company or a certification body that would guide us through the process.