Archive/XCP 1.6 changes compare to 1.1
|This is a community changelog, describing minor internal changes, which can be interested for ISP or XCP power users. It typically covers information that were not covered in the product release notes. Feel free to add. We will regularly poll it and migrate items to XCP 1.6 release notes.|
- new command: xe console vm=....
- vm: other-config:disable_pv_vnc is no longer supported
- vncterm can provide telnet-like access to VM consoles (PV only?), called 'tc'. Port can be found in xenstore /local/domain/ID/console/tc-port.
- OVS 1.4.2, main changes:
- no memory leak on heavy load with many flows
- normal ipv6 support for ovs-ofctl
- new service /usr/bin/python /usr/share/openvswitch/scripts/ovs-xapi-sync
- new values in vif:
locking-mode ( RW): locked ipv4-allowed (SRW): X.X.X.X ipv6-allowed (SRW): YY:YY:YY::YY:YY
- new vif initialization script: /opt/xensource/libexec/setup-vif-rules
- new log with xen log ring buffer content: /var/log/xen-dmesg
- XCP now disable C-states on CPU with errors in powersaving routines. It appears in xen log:
(XEN) Disabling C-states C3 and C6 on Nehalem Processors due to errata
Release Notes Errata
|If you find any errors in the XCP 1.6 release notes, please let us know here and we will fix these in the static html pages.|
- snapwatchd daemon removed. VHD tree is coalesed (still not known all cases - at least at the xe sr-scan).
- 'Base copy' now named after the original disk name. No longer 'base copy' in name-label
- vhd coalesing now never remove last base copy (even there is no snapshots or any other reason for splitting). To reduce space usage create new snapshot, delete it, exec xe sr-scan and wait until 'old' and 'new' base copy (disk content prior snapshot creation) will be merged. Disk still gonna continue to grow (base copy is always read only).